A quick step-by-step guide to adding a sidebar on your smart form
A sidebar is used in a smart form to break the form into separate sections/categories, and allows the user to understand what section they are currently in. The sidebar is also a useful navigation tool, as a user can click on the name of the section they would like to navigate to.
To Add a Sidebar:
1. Click on OPTIONS in the horizontal navigation bar, select the Sidebar tab and check the box next to Enable idebar.
2. Select Navigation Tile from the dropdown menu that has appeared after checking the Enable Sidebar checkbox.
3. Add sections tiles and change the text as needed - A section tile allows you to group panels together under that “section”. The name of the section tile will be what appears on the sidebar during the form session.
4. You can add as many sections as you like, but we recommend limiting the number to below ten.
- The order of the sections will determine the order that they appear on sidebar on your smart form.
- You can rearrange the order at anytime by dragging and dropping the sections around below and above each other.
- 5. Drag and drop the unassigned panels into the section you would like it to be grouped to. There is no limit to how many panels you assign to each section.
You now have a working sidebar as part of your form! Clicking on a section will link you to the first panel of that section.
HTML tiles can also be added to the sidebar for items like Company Logos, or text blocks. By adding in a class name to these HTML blocks, you will be able to style the elements within the context of the sidebar element. These should be used sparingly to prevent too much information being added to the sidebar.